- You must complete the marked course on foot under your own power.
- You must stay on the marked course. Short cuts are not permitted. If you get lost return to the last sighted marking.
- Littering is prohibited – this results in disqualification
- When you get to the check points you are responsible for checking in.
- There will be water and fruit available at all checkpoints. You will need to bring and carry any other food you require for the duration of the race.
- 70k runners will receive extra food at CP4
- You must obey the directions of the Race Crew if you miss any time cut-offs.
- Outside assistance from supporters is only permitted at the checkpoints.
- Please note that you have to carry a personal first aid kit.
- If you are in trouble or need medical assistance on the course you must use the emergency number printed on the backside of your race number. If you can give your phone to a local person, please do so. They will be able to tell your exact location to our crew.
- If you withdraw you MUST inform our race team. Call the number on the back of your race bib.
Gear & equipment
- Your race number must be visible at all times on the outside of your clothing and on the front of your body. Do not cover over your race number with any backpack strap or article of clothing.
- You must carry the mandatory gear at all times during the event. The top 3 runners will have gear checks at the finish line and random checks will be done during the event. Any participant without the mandatory gear will not be able to proceed.
- The wearing of iPods or other music players with headphones is allowed. However is up to you to use them in a sensible and safe manner so that you remain aware of your surroundings at all times. You must switch off music at all checkpoints so you can hear directions given to you by event crew. You must also switch off music when travelling on all public roads so you can hear approaching traffic.
Breaking any of the rules may incur a time penalty or disqualification.
Any such penalties are at the organisers’ discretion and are final.