4-day add-on package
On a four day package we will take care of everything from Hanoi to Sapa and back. It includes a pre-race day program which is the perfect way for you to interact with other runners and get to know the area of Sapa.
In the online booking system you can select your run (priced separately), then add on the package of your choice.
Included in the package:
- Return transfer Hanoi – Sapa – Hanoi
- 3 nights of accommodation (twin share in Sapa; twin share Topas Ecolodge suites; triple share Topas Ecolodge bungalows)
Read more about accommodation here.
- Vietnam Mountain Marathon post-race party and BBQ dinner
- Friday night Carb Load Party
- All indicated meals below (B = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner)
- Thursday (-, -, D), Friday (B, L, D), Saturday (B, L, D), Sunday (B, -, -). Drinks are not included.
- Pre-Race event at Topas Ecolodge
- Welcome meeting by Asger Køppen, Race Director
- Guided walk through rice fields to a local Red Dao minority village
- Yoga classes on a beautiful hilltop
- A talk on ultra running
- Light lunch after the Saturday run
|Sapa Town hotel||365||385||255|
|Topas Ecolodge Executive Bungalow||495||505||425|
|Topas Ecolodge Suite Bungalow (Fully booked)||695||705||325|
* Children policy:
– Children from 4 years old to 12 years old will be applied children price in the above table.
– Children less than 4 years old are free of charge, sharing beds and vehicles with parents.
– Children more than 12 years old will be considered as adult supporters.
*Package prices exclude race fee
|Race fee||Early Bird rate||Normal rate||Plus 10km|
Early Bird Promotion $30 off for registrations between 1 December and 14 December
Program for 4 day package
Day 1 – Thursday 21. September 2017: Departure from Hanoi and 100km start
The meeting point is SumVilla Restaurant, address: 100 Quang An street, Tay Ho Dist. Hanoi
8.30 – 12:00 AM at our VMM meeting point, SumVilla: Pick up your bib number, t-shirt and important information letter.
NB: For runners living in Hanoi, it is possible to collect the info letter and bib number at Topas Travel office from 19-21 Sep. at 1B, Alley 12/2/5, Dang Thai Mai, Hanoi.
1:00 PM : Departure by bus to the mountains and Sapa town from our VMM meeting point, SumVilla.
6:30 PM: Arrive in beautiful Sapa town, located in the altitude of 1500m and surrounded by mountains. Check into your hotel, or continue to your accommodation at Topas Ecolodge located on a hilltop in the middle of the mountains.
6:30 – 8:00 PM: In Sapa there will be an included dinner while Topas Ecolodge guests dine at the lodge.
Day 2 – Friday 22. September 2017: Active day in the mountains
Enjoy breakfast in your Sapa Hotel or at Topas Ecolodge.
At 9 am all 4 days package runners and supporters staying in Sapa town will be transferred to Topas Ecolodge for the official welcome and activities. Pick up point is in front of Sunny Mountain Hotel, 10 Muong Hoa Street, Sapa.
- 10:00 AM. Official Welcome by Asger Køppen, Race Director
- 12:00-1:30 PM. Buffet Lunch
- 1:30 PM. Lecture on running by Simon Grimstrup, two time VMM 70km winner
- 2:30 PM. Optional walk to a Red Dao minority village or Yoga class
- …and lots of fun sharing experiences with other runners on the beautiful Topas Ecolodge hilltop
For those staying at the lodge there will be a dinner buffet at 6:00-8:00 PM.
For runners staying in Sapa town the shuttle bus will transfer you back to Sapa whenever a bus is full and until 4:30 PM. In Sapa there will be an included Runners Buffet Dinner from 6:00-8:00 PM at Amazing Hotel on Dong Loi Street in Sapa (www.amazinghotel.com.vn).
100km runners staying in Sapa will depart to the 100km start at 10pm
Day 3 – Saturday 23. September 2017: Race day
Meeting point – departure to start for all runners staying in Sapa:
- 100km: 10:00PM (Sept 23) – In front of Sunny Mountain Hotel, 10 Muong Hoa Street, Sapa (Close to all hotels used by VMM)
- 70km: 3:00 AM – In front of Sunny Mountain Hotel, 10 Muong Hoa Street, Sapa.
- 42km: 6:45 AM – In front of Sapa Church (Central square).
- 21km: 8:30 AM – In front of Sapa Church (Central square).
Note: The buses depart on time and do not wait for late runners.
Bring: If you stay in Sapa you should bring a small bag with a towel, clean clothes and money. You can hand it in before starting and pick it up at the finish line at Topas Ecolodge.
Meeting point/time for all runners sleeping at Topas Ecolodge.
Meeting point: In front of the lodge.
100km: 11:00 PM Friday! (Race start at the lodge)
70km: 4:00 AM (Race start at the lodge)
Departure to start from Topas Ecolodge:
42km: 6:00 AM
21km: 8:00 AM
All supporters staying in Sapa will be transferred to the Topas Ecolodge at 9am from Sunny Mountain Hotel. Once at the Ecolodge supporters can enjoy a walk in the morning, learn crafts from the local ethnic minority people and of course cheer their friends and family across the finish line!
At Topas Ecolodge
All distances finish at the Topas Ecolodge and here you can take a shower, enjoy the included lunch and support later runners. You can also have a massage, take part in a stretching session with California Fitness, enjoy a drink and relax after a stunning day. The hilltop and Topas Ecolodge is now famous for the awesome atmosphere at the finish line which is a big highlight of the VMM experience!
In the evening we will all join a good BBQ Buffet Dinner to the sounds of our DJ from Red River Runners and a bonfire will be lit after dark.
Return to Sapa: For runners sleeping in Sapa there will be hourly shuttle buses throughout the day.
Day 4 – Sunday 24. September 2017: Winners ceremony, return to Hanoi
For the those who cannot get enough of running, it is possible to race against the local minorities in a special 10km mountain run with start and finish in Sapa Town. Start in front of the church. Opening ceremony 8:45AM, Start at 9:00AM. Additional price: US$25
Join our official Winners & Farewell Ceremony at 12:00 AM for all participating in this years Vietnam Mountain Marathon.
2:30 PM: Departure for Hanoi.
8:30 PM: Arrive in Hanoi at the Hanoi Opera House. Those who have booked the Hanoi arrival/departure package can now go to their hotel or be taken to the airport.
If you wish to get more out of your stay in Vietnam we have some special VMM tours including extending your stay in the northern mountains at Nam Cang Riverside Lodge, visiting Halong Bay and discovering the former capital of Hoa Lu together with ‘Halong Bay on Land’, Tam Coc.